Your RV is no small investment — one would expect to get a large return on investment both in terms of money and the fun you expect from it. That is why it is important to complete the process of owning an RV by purchasing the right kind of RV storage and RV protection. The right RV storage solution can not only protect your investment but bring additional value to your property. Every season brings its own challenges. Rain, Wind, Hail, and snow are the obvious suspects but don’t forget the harmful UV rays, it is likely your RV will show signs of aging faster than you like. You might not even notice these effects at first because they’ll likely be concentrated on the roof. There, the paint will start to fade. The sun will also make the vinyl or rubber on the outside of your RV break down and crack. Hail and pounding rain can also mar the exterior surface of your RV. Shielding it from these environmental effects under an All Steel Metal custom building will not only help your RV retain its good looks but also extend the lifespan of its exterior features. But did you know that it can also help improve its interior? Much like the effects that can occur if you leave your car outside for long periods of time, the sun’s grueling rays can also fade the materials inside your RV. From the seats and dashboard to the living area, the excessive heat and light can deteriorate the condition of these materials. In addition, the heat can increase the energy needed to get the interior to a comfortable temperature when you are gearing up to travel and stocking up on supplies. Fabric RV covers can also provide some protection but have several significant disadvantages as well. Even with more than one person helping, covering and removing the cover from your RV is a major inconvenience. Over time, as the fabric brushes constantly over your RV, the finish will become dull. When using a cover both the RV and the cover itself must be completely clean and dry. Otherwise, the grit on either could scratch your RV’s paint. Moisture can lead to the growth of mold and mildew. Rather than investing in a cover for your RV that might cause damage to the surface of your motorhome, consider a custom building. Unlike covers, custom buildings are made to your exact specifications. They offer protection from wind and keep the cover off the surface of your RV. In the end, a custom building is a better solution for RV storage and RV protection.
- Most of the time, you can construct a carport to resemble or at least blend with the architecture of your home, be it bricks, siding or wood.
- Carports can provide a shaded/dry play area for children
- Carports can provide the ability to use your RV all year to extend your living space for guest
- Carports can be enclosed to provide additional wind, rain, sun, and snow protection
- Carports can be constructed to provide utility storage in addition to covered protection from the elements
- Carports are versatile, making them highly customizable
- Carports are economical and often cut the build time by half when compared to other structures